Sunday, April 24, 2011

My yummy (non fat) granola!


Step 1: Start with 6 cups of rolled oats in a big mixing bowl. I just went over to Aldi and got a big thing of Quaker oats and used that :)


Step 2: add a pinch of this and that to the oats. I used about 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of ginger and 1 tsp of allspice. I probably added a bit more of those through out the mixing process. It all depends on your taste preference!

Step 3: mix up 3 egg whites and pour em' in! (no pic for this...)



Step 4: Add about 1/4 cup of agave nectar (or whatever all natural sweetener you prefer)  And mix it all up!!!


Step 5: After it is all mixed up well, pour the oats onto a larger cookie sheet. Spread them all out evenly and throw into the oven set at 300 degrees F.

Bake them for 30-40 minutes. Half way into the baking process, take them out and stir them up a bit.

Step 6: Once they are all nice and dark, yummy smelling and done take them out and let sit until they are all cooled off. Once they are cool you can start adding your dried fruit!!! I used a combo of dried blueberries, strawberries, cranberries and red cherries. (sounds amazing doesn't it...?!?!)  Again, Aldi has a lot of great dried fruit at wonderful prices.

At the end of the granola making adventure this is what you should end up with!!!



 ... absolutely delicious low fat, low sugar granola!!! It's amazing with yogurt or with milk!   



I keep it up on my fridge along with my yummy nuts and dried berries <3  healthy snack heaven!

PLEASE let me know if you have any questions! Have you tried making it? Let me know! What are your favorite granola recipes??


xoxo elyse


1 comment: